- The information we collect
- How we use and share information
- Communications from Fairview Golf
- Underage Customers
- Linking to third-party web sites
- Questions or comments
1. The information we collect
When you use the fairviewgolfcenter.com site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit the site.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the site. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- Information Collected Using Pixel Tags or Clear GIFs. To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our email marketing efforts, fairviewgolfcenter.com may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The "message format" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The "message open" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message. We can only detect this if you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
- Information You Actively Submit to fairviewgolfcenter.com. For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect "Personal Customer Information" -- your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse the fairviewgolfcenter.com site and take as much time as you want to review our products, services and reviews without having to submit such Personal Customer Information. Even when you use our shopping cart as you browse, there is no need to submit Personal Customer Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit Personal Customer Information: when you want to (i) create an account; (ii) complete an order; (iii) subscribe to our Keep Me Posted! Newsletters or Alerts, (iv) submit customer reviews or (v) participate in reviews or comments.
- Creating a fairviewgolfcenter.com Account. You can create a password-protected account to complete an order or to save items in your Wish List. To create an account, we require that you provide us with the following Personal Customer Information: your email address (which may not be associated with another active fairviewgolfcenter.com account), and your first and last names. You will also have to create a password, select a security question and input a security answer.
- Completing an Order. If you have a fairviewgolfcenter.com member account that you want to use to complete an order, we will require you to access that account. We will then use the Personal Customer Information stored in that account to complete the order, or require you to input additional Personal Customer Information such as payment information.
- Keep Me Posted! Newsletter and Alerts. You may sign up for free email Keep Me Posted! Newsletters and Alerts filled with recommendations and reviews for equipment, instruction, discounts, and more. To do so, you will need to supply your email address in the Keep Me Posted! Members Section. Please note that this Keep Me Posted! Members registry is different from the fairviewgolfcenter.com Account and password which you set up to make purchases. You can sign up for this without becoming a member. Furthermore, the contact information collected in the Keep Me Posted! is only used to forward the Newsletters and Alerts you select. [See "Keep Me Posted! Communications" below].
- Customer Reviews. When you submit a customer review, we ask you to disclose your email address in addition to your review and other optional information. You can choose not to have your email address displayed with your review. We only use the information you provide to us to chronicle your review; we do not use such information for marketing purposes. Because your email address at your election can be displayed with your reviews, we can make no assurance that others will not use the information you have provided.
2. How we use and share Personal Customer Information
Occasionally, fairviewgolfcenter.com uses Personal Customer Information to market products and services. If you have a fairviewgolfcenter.com member account, you can opt-out from us using your information for this purpose at any time by logging onto your Account and following the instructions under Name, Password, and Communication Preferences.
fairviewgolfcenter.com shares Personal Customer Information that we collect as follows:
- Subcontractors. We send Personal Customer Information to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by fairviewgolfcenter.com .
- Service Providers. We send Personal Customer Information to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site. Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by fairviewgolfcenter.com.
- Membership programs. We work with certain entities who, in conjunction with their own membership programs or rewards programs, require that we disclose purchasing information about their customers who visit the fairviewgolfcenter.com site through links from the partner sites. If you do not want us to disclose that information to the strategic partner, then you must contact them directly.
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. fairviewgolfcenter.com may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of fairviewgolfcenter.com, our users, or others.
3. Communications from fairviewgolfcenter.com
As a fairviewgolfcenter.com member you may receive the following communications from fairviewgolfcenter.com:
Keep Me Posted! Communications. You may sign up for free email Newsletters and Alerts filled with recommendations and reviews for equipment, instruction, and more. To do so, you will need to supply your email address in the Keep Me Posted! Center. Please note that this keep Me Posted! Center registry is different from the fairviewgolfcenter.com member Account and password, which you set up to make purchases. Furthermore, the contact information collected in the Keep Me Posted! Center is only used to forward the Newsletters and Alerts you select. To unsubscribe from any Keep Me Posted! Newsletter or Alert, you can either (i) select the link at the bottom of any Keep Me Posted! Newsletter or Alert and follow the instructions.
- Communications related to transaction, account and website maintenance activities. By creating a fairviewgolfcenter.com member account or making a purchase, you may receive communications from us relating to: order confirmations; order updates; order problems; important website information and material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
- Communications from fairviewgolfcenter.com and its affiliated companies. As a fairviewgolfcenter.com purchaser or member, we use and share your contact information to communicate special offers, events, new products and services from fairviewgolfcenter.com. We communicate via e-mail, postal mail and outbound telephone calls depending upon your settings in you Communications Preferences; Any fairviewgolfcenter.com member can opt-out from the receipt of any such communications or opt-out of certain communication methods by logging onto his or her Member Account and following the instructions under "Change Your Communication Preferences. We will recognize such opt-out preferences even if you decide to make a purchase without using your account and use the e-mail address stored in your account in connection with such order.